We coach business owners and managers by drawing on our education, training and experience in running businesses. We provide support and advice to help business leaders recognize potential growth, set benchmarks, and implement strategies to improve business performance. We teach companies how to strengthen leadership and decision-making skills, and we show managers how to improve employee training, development and accountability. We help business leaders create a teamwork-oriented work environment, and teach them to monitor progress by analyzing financial and customer feedback. Most importantly, we help business owners learn to “work on their businesses” instead of “in their businesses.”
When Is Coaching Is Needed?
Many business owners believe that coaching is needed only when a company is performing badly or when specific problems like employee retention or productivity need to be addressed. However, proactive businesses interested in excellent performance and achievements recognize the benefits of coaching even when their companies appear successful. Coaching offers a fresh perspective, expertise, and the guidance that can make the difference between owning a business that makes a living and owning a business that helps owners reach their life goals.
Here Are Some Signs That Your Business Can Benefit From Coaching:
- You have to be at work – all the time.
- You feel like you have a job with too much overtime and no bonuses.
- You thought owning a business would be more fulfilling.
- You can’t control the amount of work that needs to be done, so you are thinking of getting smaller.
- You view your business in parts that make up a whole.
- You don’t know how your business fits into your lifetime goals.
- You worry that you’ll have nothing to show for all your hard work.
- You could make more money working a regular job.
- You spend most of your time doing the technical work of your business.
- You have good intentions, but never reach the goals you set.
- You don’t know how to get the help you need.
Unlike many business coaches who have little or no business experience, we bring years of line and senior-level management experience. We are veterans in the fields of accounting, marketing, sales, and business planning. Our experience and training in coaching techniques make it possible for EBS to partner with businesses to improve performance, increase the bottom line, and ultimately, help owners regain their entrepreneurial vision.
Coaching Is Provided In A Number Of Ways Including:
- One-on-one training and meetings
- Practice, discussion and evaluation
- Group coaching sessions for management
- Large scale seminars, as needed
After an initial fact-finding consult, we meet with clients regularly to review financial statements and other feedback, discuss performance and progress, and revise goals and benchmarks.
The Goal of Coaching
At EBS, the ultimate goal of coaching is to help individuals or businesses develop the habits, structures and goals to achieve success. As a certified small business coach, Denise Robinett works with business owners and managers to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes to improve their businesses.
Most business owners need change in their lives: a better balance of work and home, more fulfilling work, a sense that daily tasks are getting them where they want to go. At EBS, we know the pressures and possibilities of business. Our goal is not only to help business leaders see the possibilities, but show them how to turn possibilities into measureable, sustainable achievements.