Seeking an experienced payroll specialist to oversee payroll function for multiple companies. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and success in the following areas:
- Performing data validation during new hire entry process to ensure payroll information has been entered accurately and completely.
- Reviewing changes to employee benefits, salary, classification and termination records to ensure completeness for payroll deductions, 401k matching and company contributions, garnishments and other compensation and deductions.
- Regularly processing payroll, filing payroll tax returns, paying payroll taxes.
- Posting payroll to the General Ledger and monitoring the integration of payroll downloads.
- Performing weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews and reconciliations of payroll records.
- Assisting with processing employee garnishments.
- Maintaining smooth payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes and providing excellent client support and feedback.
Keeping payroll records up to date and in line with policy.
Must pass a comprehensive background check, have 5 years experience as a payroll specialist and a minimum of 2 years undergraduate study in a related field (business administration, economics, accounting, management or computer studies).
Three current references are required.
Competitive pay and benefits with the possibility of advancement.